BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Baikal Lake


The open air museum of wooden architecture Taltsi is a unique collection of historical, architectural and ethnographic monuments of the 17-20th centuries. It is located in a picturesque bank place on the right bank of Angara river in Taltsi dell, 47 kms from Irkutsk on the way to lake Baikal. In the museum there are four historical and cultural sections that have been recently reconstructed. They are Russian, Buryat, Evenk, Tofalar. The Evenks are people of Pribaikalye that inhabit the north of Irkutsk region. The Tofalars inhabit the eastern Sayan mountains. Of the three Pribaikalye the Buryats are the biggest Siberian community. Here are some photos taken last week. It was -18 °C.


Sunset in Lake Baikal


This is Irkutsk.


Traditional house in Irkutsk.


Ilimsk wooden fortress.


The church of Kazan Virgin.


A small siberian village consisting of row little huts.


Scorpions were here and had concert in Listvyanka.





This is one of their delicacy. Raw frozen sliced salmon fresh from Baikal Lake.

I hope you enjoy this little tour.
Thank you for reading.
Til my next journey...
Goodnight!

Your guide,
gingerSnap

24 comments:

Tammy said...

The sliced salmon looks delish! Thanks for sharing your pics, looks like you guys had a great time :)

Manicure Time said...

Lovely pics:) My husband is russian:) The salmon looks tasty! x

Marie said...

The last picture made me hungry!:D

Thanks for sharing the pictures!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

TrophyBoutique said...

Nice photos! Makes me want to get on a plane and go somewhere...and eat salmon.
xo
Laurel

Anonymous said...

thanks for the follow honey, :)

Mana said...

wow those are some gorgeous photos! Look at all that snow! I love looking at snow but I don't like having it here with me lol

Was the salmon good? It doesn't look that appetizing but im sure it tasted delicious! haha polka dots is one of my favorite patterns and it helps that my bf likes it too =P

Mary said...

I love your pics!
Great post:)
xx Mary

Yannie said...

nice place... -18??? Bbbbbrrrrrrr.... Super lamig

HeartNhandmade said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing :)

Marietta

the Charioteer said...

really snowy like you said. =)

Ellen ♥ said...

Nice pics :) can't wait for your next destination :)

ellenreviews.blogspot.com

kaizokumousy said...

looks like you had fun!The place looks nice I want to go there too! :)

-------
salamat sa pag comment sa blog ko ^_^ hindi naman po ko magaling sa nail art=) but I'm glad you liked it^^

PinkOrchids said...

Absolutely beautiful! The salmon looks so yummy! xXx

www.pinkorchids8.blogspot.com

lyzacruz88 said...

love the snow! :D

Toni Tralala said...

OMG! That trip is so enviable! If I could fly, I would travel the world daily.

Have a great day and Happy Holidays! <3

Sarah said...

You follow my friend Seriouslyrainbowing, and we're currently organizing a trip travelling with our sixth it'd be great to get chatting!

www.bitsand-bobbles.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Great pics, all the snow looks so pretty :) Last picture makes me hungry though

L x

Dana said...

Wow! I love the pictures! The sunset on Lake Baikal looks really cool! :)

http://danaisnotdated.blogspot.com/

Café Bouclé said...

wow what amazing pics!
I love white landscape!
kiss
http://cafe-boucle.blogspot.com/

Jenna said...

This is so pretty! It makes me want to just pack up and head for the airport right now!

http://thatssofletch.blogspot.com/

xo, Jay

MsRinz said...

i love your blog!! I am a new follower =) If u dont mind to check my blog out and follow back i'd really appreciate it!

Rinz @ miss-rinrin.blogspot.com

Pinoy Working Mom said...

Wooho, really freezing out there. That salmon in your picture, it looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Nice post!

Anonymous said...

yummy ;)