Are your nails strong and healthy?
Here are simple guidelines to keep your nails looking their best:
- Wash your hands regularly and dry it thoroughly. Keep your nails dry and clean. Bacteria and other microorganism are rapidly growing under your nails.
- Moisturize your hands including nails and cuticles. Our nails need to be moisturize just like our skin does. Before going to bed put a little handcream, lotion or cuticle cream into your nails and massage it gently.
- Do not bite your nails. This habit can make the nails rough and dull.
- File and trim your nails regularly. It is easier if done just after bathing or right after soaking the nails.
- Maintain a healthy and balance diet. Eat food rich in Zinc. It helps the body to build keratin making our nails more stronger.
- Take a biotin supplement. If your nail is prone to chipping taking a tablet or capsule daily helps increase the thickness of the nails.
- Drink plenty of water for a smoother nails.
If you depend on manicures, keep a few things in mind. Don't have your cuticles removed. It can lead to nail infection. Check to be sure that all tools used during your manicure are properly sterilized.