BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sweet for My Sweet

There is nothing more delicious than this;)..



How to make a perfect creme brulee?

Ingredients:
6 Eggyolks
6 tablespoons Refined Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Beat the eggyolks, add sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until thick and completely smooth.
3. When the cream is hot, whisk together the yolks, vanilla and sugar until well blended.
4. When cream starts to steam, turn off the heat.
5. Pour the hot cream into the eggyolks while whisking quickly. This will heat the yolks and reduce curdling. Skim the foam off using a strainer and throw away.
6. Remove the whisk from the egg, start whisking the cream. Pour the yolks steadily  into the cream by whisking it.
7. Pour the hot mixture into serving dishes and place in a baking dish. Then set the baking dish  with the rameskins in it on your oven shelf. Pour simmering water into the pan about halfway up the side of the rameskins.
8. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. They are done when you shake the dish gently and the brulees jiggle slightly in the middle.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the waterbath. Then remove the brulees again, cover and  chill about 2 hours.
10. When ready to serve, sprinkle the top with granulated sugar evenly.
11. Use a propane torch to heat the sugar until it becomes brown. Stop when it reaches golden brown.
You can use the oven's broiling setting also to caramelize the sugar. Broil for 20-30 seconds.
12. Serve immediately. It can can be served slightly warm or chilled.

Wanna taste my creme brulee? Come and have a piece :)
I'm very sure you'll like it.


21 comments:

Cindy Yang Lee said...

Ugh! No way! I was just watching the food network channel and I thought to myself, "man, I can go for some creme brulee." I'll have to try it some day!

*MissK* said...

Wow!! That looks sooooooooooo yummy!!!

http://misskaddiction.blogspot.com/

AmyGrace said...

My favourite dessert, yum! Give me some ;)

MINAKICHU said...

This is like my absolute favorite dessert...yum! i totally want one now:-)

mikenbecca said...

Wow, Yum!

Anyway thanks for visiting my blog!

☮Pinay Travel Junkie☮ said...

looks yum! i wish i have an oven so i could try this :(

Madz said...

Wow, I didn't know you make one mean looking creme brulee! I always order this when dining out but never have I tried making this at home.

Thanks for the recipe! :)

Pinch of thoughts said...

i'll definitely try this. thanks for dropping by my blog and for the pretty comment hehhe..following you now!

Ellen ♥ said...

ooohh... I like the ice cream on top hahaha! :D

Lhuloy said...

wow...!!! it looks so delicious!
what more the taste! ^^,

lyzacruz88 said...

I was just thinking of making one this weekend...thanks for the recipe :)
I hope you can comment on my blog 'A Fresh Way to Start'. Have a fun day!

TinnyMey said...

yummy, yummy

bbtoo said...

hmmm looks so yummy

Tammy said...

oh my goodness I want to try making this too! I love creme brulee! :D

aki! said...

I have no propane torch. ...Yup. That's why I can't do this.

I•AM•JOOL said...

ooohh... looks so yummy :)

Pretzel said...

Hmmm... I wonder what it tastes like... Hihihi..

IceCreamBun said...

OMG!! Sooo Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! It made me hungry! yummy!

Cinnabunnie said...

thanks for the recipe! i loveeee desserts like this!

Haru said...

looks yummy.. *faints*